Help During & After COVID-19
We are Here to Help Members Affected by COVID-19
If you are affected by COVID-19, we are here to help. We understand that this may impact your ability to make your mortgage payments. Please contact one of our representatives to learn more about the options that may be available to you. Speak to a representative: Call 800-231-8855, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time or click this to send us an email message. You may also contact the Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) for assistance and FREE confidential support from a HUD-approved housing counselor.
Reverse Mortgages: Qualifications
Qualifications For Reverse Mortgages
The qualifications for a reverse mortgage are simple. As you read the following information, please contact us with any questions:
- Applicant members must be at least 62 years of age.
- The applicant must be a homeowner* (includes single family residence, condo, townhouse, or manufactured housing built after June 1976).
- The home does NOT need to be owned “free and clear.”
- Must have a certain percentage of equity in the home.
- There are no credit/credit score requirements.
- All reverse mortgage applicants are required to complete a HUD Approved Counseling Course.
* Must own home as primary residence in DC, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, VA & WV.